Who should attend?
- Senior representatives of diplomatic missions in Canada
What will be the focus?
- Parliamentary system;
- The Liberal majority;
- Role of the opposition;
- Parliamentary associations and “friendship groups”;
- Government departments;
- Role of senior public servants.
Who will make the presentations?
- Serge Buy – Worked in parliament in the 1990’s and helped create numerous parliamentary associations and friendship groups. Government relations specialist since 2000. Adviser on government relations issues to senior business and union leaders.
- Bob Kilger – Member of Parliament from 1988 to 2004. Chief Government Whip (1996-2001) and later Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons (2001-2004). Led parliamentary associations.
What will be the outcomes from the seminar?
- Increased knowledge of the way the Canadian government works;
- Information on key parliamentarians and senior bureaucrats;
- Better understanding on how to create parliamentary associations and friendship groups;
- New ways to stay informed on key issues.
Note: Registration fees are not refundable but may be applied toward future seminars.